Tuesday, March 13, 2007

high pitch yet no sound!!

(Karthik Narayan)

I rushed home not entirely to watch a world cup opening match between WI and Pakistan but to get a slice of silence at home.

But when I did turn on the tv after the toss, I could clearly hear the crowd, the batsmen tapping their bats trying their hands at gardening a dry pitch and the fielders calling out to each other.

What my ears were pricked up for never came though - the commentary!!

For even a local match, I have heard TV commentary. But for the first 10 minutes or so of this match, there was absolute silence.. all the english commentators on Sony Max were behind the breakfast table instead of being behind the mike...

for heaven's sake its a world cup match!! if this is going to be the way it shall be, Hindi commentary sounds heavenly to my ears...

Sony, are you listening? I want my Deano, Boycott... whoever.. Else i will boycott watching the match :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home