Thursday, March 22, 2007

the day when Sri Lanka saved me from math

(Karthik Narayan)

It happened everywhere - all around me I saw people discussing the pitiful condition India was in. In order to qualify for the Super 8's India had to win, win with a big margin. Then hope Bangladesh didn’t win by a big margin, as also hope Sri Lanka would defeat Bangladesh.

All along keeping an eye on the calculator, punching in complex equations and penciling it all down over by over... ahhh it was getting to me. I have never fancied my math and was worried a bit here that I would have to sit and listen to all of them. Even worse, I got an email from one of my friends where he had analysed that for each run that our opponents got, how we needed to react! Now puhleez, that's too much for my head and it as always, went overboard. Now I am afraid I may have to join them...

But hey - thanks to Sri Lanka winning against Bangladesh by 198 runs, that simplifies the equation to one line (and no math!) - India has to win against Sri Lanka, that’s it. If at all Bangladesh dream to qualify, they have to win by a big margin (bigger than what India did to Bermuda, which is quite unlikely).

But anyway, thanks a lot, dear Sri Lankans.

Today I may have been saved, but good ol' math looks up at me to say - "you may run, but you cannot hide".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home