Thursday, March 29, 2007

My unfavorite Slingaaa

(Karthik Narayan)

Don’t ponder too much about the title – am not vying for the most-badly-spelt position.

Malinga the Slinga (slinger) is most definitely not my favorite bowler, first of all I don’t fancy his bowling action,

And if I were to be a doctor, I would prescribe my patients to watch his “hair” on screen if they had stomach aches. You would puke your problems out instantly!

Anyway he has done himself a bit of cricketing history – four wickets in 4 consecutive balls in a crunch match against the Proteas makes him the first to do so. The previous best was that special offie Saqqy (as Moin Khan would exclaim) with 4 wickets in 5 balls. In first class matches though, the record is 5 wickets off 6 balls by Shaun Pollock (Wanna-be-statisticians out there may correct me if I am wrong) for a county side in 1995-96 in his debut season I think!

Congrats to Malinga on his feat, and happy saying goodbye to your digestion problems – try my prescription. Trust me it worked for me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home