Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hearing the heard – hear, hear!

(Karthik Narayan)


Brad Hogg, the Australian cricketer has been called up for alleged usage of expletives at the Indian cricketers during the Sydney test in Jan 2008. Read on…

When I read the headline: “Hearing on Brad Hogg tomorrow”, I wondered aloud.

Were they playing a joke on me, or was it as punny as it sounded? I mean, was it hearing of Brad Hogg? Was it intentionally wrongly lined up?

These questions were pertinent since the whole news sprang up because Brad Hogg was heard. After all that hearing, if they want more to be heard, God save them.

Maybe the organizers of the whole series liked hearing Hogg so much, they want to make him hog the limelight again and do a re-run of all the hearing.

Is this what they call “heard mentality”?

Or is it because the stump mikes are not loud enough to catch such low hush tones – seriously we need to get better microphones! I would recommend two sessions at the ENT or two pairs of hearing aids for each of the organizing committee.

Too many questions are not too good for your hearing. So I will do the hearing now – shoot out your answers! I am all ears…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home