Thursday, April 05, 2007

Deserted all over

(Karthik Narayan)

I was watching the England-Sri Lanka and guess what I was seeing on screen? No it wasn’t the “great” cricket that we have come to see in this cricket world cup, but the pitch. Yes that’s right, for the second time in my life; I was left gaping at the middle.

What I saw there was sand, dirt, grime and dust – all like a scraped dry patch of land with players swarming all over! The only other repugnant image of a cricket pitch that I can recall – when India visited New Zealand just before the 2003 world cup, the cricket pitch was all glued together.

This however reminded me of a great desert, or even more familiarly – the great Indian road! After all, this entire game has come to look like a road-show. Reminiscent of my good old playing days in the middle of the road.

If the pitch wasn’t desert enough for you, I must forget not to tell you that the stands wore a deserted look. This was one match for the Robinson Crusoe types I should say – of the “deserted” island…

Definitely not my “dessert”, that’s for sure!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home